Sharing our experiences is fun and helps us work as a team with strong communication. To this end it is important that we understand how to use the blog and the internet in a secure way.
The following guidelines have been established to ensure the safety of our students when blogging. The guidelines are also reminders of how to use the blog to improve writing and keyboarding skills.
• Students should only be identified by first names. All comments should have first names only.
• Parents are asked to avoid using their family/surname. (Please post comments as “Peter’s mum” or “Megan’s grandfather”, etc.)
• Pupils and their families will have access to post an account of Monty's weekend on the blog. For most pupils this will be their first experience of writing on a blog so they will need to be supported and supervised by an adult.
• Always write in full sentences and words – no “text talk” please!
• All comments submitted have to be approved by Estelle Ash before they are included on the blog. Inappropriate or sloppy writing will not be approved.
• Proof-read your comments carefully. Students should have a family member check for spelling mistakes before submitting a comment.